News & Events Name : Innovative Ideas Contest
AAZP invites engineers and IT experts to come up with innovative ideas by developing new innovative software for instant zoo entry ticketing system and vehicle parking ticketing system.
Date : 04 to 20 July 2022
Duration : 2022-07-04 To 2022-07-20
Software application development contest for instant ticket booking and vehicle parking
Greetings from Arignar Anna Zoological Park,
Arignar Anna Zoological Park, Vandalur is one of the oldest and largest Zoo in the country which attracts over 20 lakhs of the visitors annually.
The famous Zoological Park in the Chennai city, is now inviting the Engineering students/ IT experts to develop a software for the instant zoo entrance ticket bookingand vehicleparking.Details are as follows :
Requirement 1 - Entrance ticket booking software application
Arignar Anna Zoological Park has a magnificent landmark entrance through which the visitors enter the park. The distance from the main entrance to the zoo check-in area is about 100 metres. To purchase a zoo ticket, twenty ticket counters were set up near the entrance. The waiting time at the ticket counter varies from 1 minute to 20 minutes based on the visitor’s footfall. To reduce the waiting time of visitors and to minimise physical bookings at the counter. The park is looking for a modern digital ticket booking application. Where the visitors book their tickets at the gate and check-in immediately, without having to wait in line, the application should be fast, instant and secured, where the visitors book their tickets at the gate, validate the ticket and pass the check-in without waiting in a queue. The expected approximate ticket booking duration could be 1 to 2 minutes. In the zoo, daily visitor footfall of 2000–20,000 people is being recorded in the zoo. Adult tickets are Rs 90, children aged 5 to 12 are Rs 50, and those under 5 and differently abled are free. Mobile cameras ticket cost Rs 25, DSLR/SLR cameras cost Rs 250, and video cameras cost Rs 500. Details about the zoo tariff are given on the website www.aazp.in. The application should be compactable to fully fulfil the requirement.
Points to consider for instant Ticket booking application
1. The application should be user-friendly.
2. The application should provide instant accountability on the number of tickets sold, the number of people in and out, and the visitors' minimal identification details.
3. The generated ticket should be easily verified at the check in and check-out points. Presently, QR code /bar code based tickets are generated. New ideas and technology are also invited.
4. Generating ticket may carry information about the zoo like Do’s & Don’t in zoo
5. The application should minimize manpower requirements for the whole process.
Requirement 2 – Vehicle parking ticket booking software
Parking is available both inside the zoo and in a second lot next to the zoo rescue centre. Parking spaces for two-wheelers and four-wheelers have separate entrances and exit. We are looking for a vehicle management application software where the vehicles check-in at the entry with an acknowledgement receipt, and while checking-out at the exit, a parking ticket is generated with the total consolidated ticket amount, including the additional hour charges if applicable.
Details of vehicle tariff details are given below.
Vehicle tariff – Valid for 4 hours
1. Bicycle – Rs 5/-
2. Two Wheeler – Rs 15/-
3. Car / Auto – Rs 40/-
4. Bus/Van/Mini Bus – Rs 125/-
Charges for extra hour
1. Bicycle – Rs 2/-
2. Two Wheeler – Rs 5/-
3. Car / Auto – Rs 10/-
4. Bus/Van/Mini Bus – Rs 20/-
Boom barricade system of parking is being planned to implement shortly in the zoo. Implementing a new technological software application is contemplated.
Points to consider for Vehicle parking ticket booking software
1. The application should be user-friendly
2. To provide easy access in check in and check –out of the vehicle
3. Consolidated ticket to be generated calculating the additional charge
4. The application should provide instant accountability on the No of vehicles in and out, vehicle number details etc
5. The application should minimize man power requirement for the whole process.
1. Final year or third year students of BE/ME / B Tech /MTech/ MCA or IT related subjects may apply
2. Group of 3 or 4 members could combine and work on the project
Terms & Conditions
1. The registration form for enrollment must be submitted via Google Form https://forms.gle/8XRPq69FY6vdjWzz9 by July 20, 2022
2. Participants can visit the zoo and have a thorough understanding of the setup before designing the application.
3. On or before August 5th, the enrolled participant must submit the high-level design software application in Power point presentation to email@example.com . Blank entries are not accepted.
4. Application will be scrutinized by the team of IT experts and best entries will be selected and call to the present of developed software application to the zoo management.
5. Maximum three month time period will be given for the participants to develop the complete software application and submit it to the zoo management.
Best application will be rewarded with prizes, certificate and will get featured in zoo media forum Best wishes to all the participants